For the Beer, the Boy or the Bae!
This Valentine’s Day, don’t be led astray, DrinkTanks is here this February with the best beer related Valentine’s recommendations.
Here is a favorite recipe from Matt in customer care. We like to use the local favorite Mount Up Maple Brown by Wild Ride.
Mount Up Maple Brown Mushroom Pasta
Prep Time: 40 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Total Time: 1 hr.
Best Beer to Use: Wild Ride Brewery – Mount Up Maple Ale
- 5 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter Divided
- 2 Tablespoons All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Cup (We know you want to add more) Mount up Maple Brown Ale, Fresh & Carbonated of Course
- 1 Cup Vegetable Stock
- 1/8 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 2 Teaspoons Chopped Fresh Thyme Divided
- Pinch of Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Cracked Black Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Heavy Cream
- 8 oz Pappardelle Pasta
- 6 Ounces Shiitake Mushrooms (Nothing less for your loved one)
- 1 Tablespoon Wild Ride’s Mount Up Maple Brown Ale
- Salt & Pepper
- Parmesan Cheese
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the pappardelle as per the instructions on the package.
- Drain the pasta, saving ½ cup of the water.
- In an 8-10 inch saute pan, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter. Add the flour and whisk for 3 minutes over a medium heat.
- Add the beer gradually whisking until all of it is incorporated.
- Gradually add the vegetable stock whisking to get rid of any lumps leaving a smooth sauce.
- Bring to a simmer and cook for about 10 minutes, whisking often.
- Add the onion powder, 1 teaspoon chopped thyme, salt, pepper and cream.
- Whisk to combine and taste for more salt and pepper if desired. Turn the heat to very low to keep warm.
- Slice the mushrooms roughly.
- Melt the remaining 3 tablespoons butter in a pan and add the minced garlic and Wild Ride’s Mount Up Maple Brown Ale.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for 5-7 minutes and the mushrooms start to darken.
- Season with salt and black pepper and add the remaining 1 teaspoon chopped thyme to the mushrooms. Turn heat to low.
- Add the sauce and the ½ cup of reserved pasta water to the drained pasta and toss gently to coat.
- Place some of the pasta on a serving plate.
- Spoon some of the pan-fried mushrooms on top of the pasta and garnish with some more thyme and grated Parmesan cheese.
- Light the candles, open up the Growler and set the table to successfully pull of one heck of a Valentine’s Meal
- Share the evening with your loved one…..and some Beer & Chocolate