Winter Warmers: 3 Beverages to Keep you Toasty this Holiday Season
It’s that time again! Regardless of whether you live in a place with snow or not, you’ll want to keep the cold away and bring the heat with these tasty beverages. DrinkTanks Growlers have double wall vacuum insulation, which means they’re not only great at keeping drinks cold, but also at keeping things piping hot for up to 12 hours.
Before transporting any of these in your growler, fill your growler with hot water, and let sit for one minute, before filling.
Peppermint Hot Cocoa
- 1 1⁄3 quarts of milk
- 8 oz semisweet chocolate chips
- 8 oz peppermint schnapps (more or less to taste)
- 1 1⁄3 to taste whipped cream, for serving
- Crushed peppermint candy for garnish
- Candy canes to stir (optional)
Heat milk in a saucepan over low heat. Add chocolate, stirring constantly, until melted. When the chocolate has melted, increase heat to medium and add the remainder of the milk while whisking rapidly. Do not allow to boil. Remove from heat add schnapps and whisk in slowly. Use a funnel to add to the growler.
- 8 oz Irish cream liqueur
- 8 oz Irish whiskey
- 6 cups hot brewed coffee
- garnish with whipped cream
- garnish with ground nutmeg
Combine Irish cream and Irish whiskey in growler. Fill growler with coffee. When served, top with a dab of whipped cream and a dash of nutmeg.
Hot Buttered Apple Cider with Rum
- 56 oz all natural apple cider (cold-pressed is best!)
- 1/2 stick (1/4 cup) unsalted butter, cut into tablespoon
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 8 oz Rum (or apple brandy)
Bring the apple cider to a simmer over medium heat in a large pot, then turn the heat down to low. Stir in the butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and salt. Continue stirring until the butter is melted and the sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and pour in rum. Use funnel to fill growler.